Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Maple Rolls

My family had been asking or should I say hinting for some cinnamon rolls for a week already but I saw this recipe for Maple rolls and figured they might come close to what they were craving and it gave me something new to try.

I have had rolls similar to these before but they still didn't quite taste like what I remembered, they were good and I will make them again but I'll still search for the others ones that were unbeatable in taste!

Maple Rolls

1 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 heaping tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
approx. 4 1/2 cups flour

Mix dough, stirring in flour until it pulls from the sides of the bowl. Continue kneading and adding flour until you have a nice soft dough but not too sticky. Cover and let rise for 1 hour, punch down and let rise for another hour. (I was running low on time so I only let them rise for another 30 minutes the second time around)

Roll dough into a rectangular piece. Mix 1/4 cup softened margarine and 1 tbsp maple extract, spread this over the dough. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups brown sugar over top. Roll up jelly roll style and slice into 1" slices. Let these rise for 30 minutes, the bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until lightly golden. When cool, drizzle with the icing and sprinkle pecans over top.

Icing:
1 cup cream
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/8 cup sugar
1 heaping tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla

Combine ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil until thickened. Stir in 1 1/2 cups icing sugar. Spoon over the cooled Maple Rolls.

Enjoy!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment