Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Roasted Potatoes

It is such a beautiful Spring day here, +23! So my mind was on BBQing but I wasn't sure what since we had burgers on Saturday, barbecued pork chops on Sunday and yet I still craved BBQ with the nice weather.

So I thought I'd try roasting potatoes in the grilling basket with grilled chicken breast to go with them and WOW! Were they ever good, my daughter is still sneaking a potato in every time she walks by, lol.
Seriously, if you don't have a grilling basket, run, don't walk, to a store nearest you!

Roasted Potatoes

5 medium potatoes, halved and then thinly sliced (I used russet)
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 medium carrots, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp basil

Toss this all together and roast on the barbecue until done, about 40 minutes. You'll notice in the picture that I sliced the potatoes fairly thin, simply because otherwise it would take too long to get them tender and they would start to burn on the outside. In fact I had a few that were a little too thick and they were still a little hard. I think slicing them about 1/8" of probably be what I did, maybe a little thicker.

Note: You will need to stir these frequently or you'll find them sticking, you might also need to add more olive oil or dressing if they become dry.

Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment