Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Spaghetti with Meat Sauce

I found this spaghetti recipe years ago when our church affiliation came out with a cookbook. It's been a super hit in our household. I get great reviews everytime I make it. We even used this recipe once for a fundraiser and people loved it!



Italian Spaghetti and Meat Sauce


1 green pepper, chopped
1 lg. onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 lg. jar spaghetti sauce
1 can italian tomato sauce
2 cans tomato soup
1/2 cup grated cheese (I use mozzerella)
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup honey
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
1/2 tsp sweet basil
2 lbs ground beef, cooked


Simmer all of the above ingredients except meat for 1 1/2 hours. Add hamburger meat and summer for another 30 minutes. Serve over spaghetti. (I use whole wheat pasta) Serve with garlic toast and parmesan cheese.

Tina



1 comment:

  1. Come on, we all need takeout once in a while...
    But one night I'm home cooking I'm going to give this a try. Looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete