Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

White Cake with Fresh Strawberries

Is there anything better then a fresh white cake with strawberries that you picked from a field!? This morning I took my three kids and headed off to the strawberry fields. I knew I'd be making jam but it suddenly dawned on me that I couldn't pass up an opportunity for cake, cream and strawberries! Well as you can see in the picture, it only took about 5 minutes for half the cake to disappear, lol.
White Cake

1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 9" round pan (or square).

In a bowl cream together the sugar and butter, beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, bkg powder and salt, add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour batter into pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until done.

To assemble the cake I whipped a carton of nutriwhip and added about 2 tbsp vanilla pudding powder to the thickened cream. In a medium bowl I sliced about a cup of fresh strawberries and added roughly 1 cup of whipped nutriwhip, stir it together and use this as your middle layer. After that it was just a matter of covering the cake with nutriwhip and garnishing with leftover strawberries.

Enjoy!
Tina

1 comment: