Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Pizza Hut pizza

Admit it, sometimes you get a hankering for some seriously greasy pizza! And I don't think there is any pizza greasier than Pizza Hut's pizza, lol.

I've been meaning to try this recipe for a while already, I hate frozen pizza and sometimes it's hard to order one when you know you can make it so much cheaper at home! So off I went in search of this recipe, although you don't have to search too hard since one quick google search shown tons of results. I did change it just a smidge since I use traditional yeast vs the instant. So I'll post how I did it.



Pizza Hut Pizza

1 1/3 cup warm water
1/4 cup non-fat dry milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tbsp traditional yeast
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for dough)

2/3 cup oil (1/3 cup for each pan)
Butter flavored cooking spray

Sauce

1 can (8 ounce size) tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dry oregano
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/2 teaspoon dry basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt


Put water in your mixing bowl, sprinkle the yeast into the water. Allow to sit for 5-7 minutes. Stir in the salt, sugar and oil. Add flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed. Using your knead attachment, knead the dough for about 10 minutes.

Divide dough into two or three balls. Pour 1/3 cup of oil in each making sure it is spread evenly. Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a circle that fits nicely in your pan. 

Place dough in pans and let it rise in the oven with the light on for 1-1 1/2 hours. I sometimes turn the oven on just until I feel a slight warmth, but just barely warm. This helps the dough rise, but be careful to get it just barely warm or your dough will taste yeasty.

I prepared my pizza with what I had in the house, I think as long as you have the dough recipe the rest is up to your tastes. I didn't have tomato sauce in the house so I used plain pasta sauce and sprinkled it with some of the dry herbs listed in the sauce recipe.

My toppings went as follows:
1/2 cup sauce
ham
leftover farmer sausage
cheese
bell pepper
red onion
Bake at 475F until the dough is golden brown.

*Note: After reading some of the reviews I decided to bake one pizza in my large cast iron pan (I think it's either 12 or 14"), and since I don't have two that size, the other pizza was baked in a regular pan. And I must say the difference between the crusts was amazing! The cast iron pizza bake up so beautifully while the regular pan pizza didn't look nearly as nice.

I also was running short on time so I assembled my pizza  completely, let it rise for 30 minutes and then baked it, and it still tasted great!
Enjoy!
Tina


No comments:

Post a Comment