Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Pineapple Sheet Cake

We were at a family get together last weekend and we had potluck for lunch, and what's better at a potluck than the table of desserts! I stumbled upon this recipe a few years ago from an old church cookbook and have since added it to my collection of family favourites.

I always found the cake to be just a little on the thin side when it was baked so I doubled it by half. I was a little nervous as it started to rise in the oven but it fell just shy of turning into a dirty oven disaster! I use the aluminum 12x17 cookie sheets with the 1" sides.

                 

Pineapple Sheet Cake


3 cups flour
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
24 oz crushed pineapple
3 eggs, beaten

Stir the dry ingredients together, beat in the pineapple, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle 1/2 cup brown sugar over top and 1/2-1 cup chopped pecans. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.

Topping:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Boil together for 3 minutes and pour topping over hot cake.

Enjoy!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment