Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Crowd-Pleasing Taco Salad

Wow, I haven't posted to this blog in such a long time, I had to try multiple passwords before got the right one, lol. But I think building a home and having your camera die on you are pretty good excuses and now both problems have been resolved.

I saw this recipe from Taste of Home on Pinterest and couldn't wait to try it! I'm always up for trying new versions of our family favourites and this one was a keeper. I did make a few minor changes to suit our family's preferences. I actually prefer this recipe to my other one but my husband said he still likes both, but since I'm the cook...




Crowd-Pleasing Taco Salad

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 head lettuce, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
1 cup shredded Tex-mex cheese
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup taco sauce
1 cup cooked kidney beans
Original Corn Chips

Fry the beef and onion together until thoroughly cooked. Add the ketchup, oregano, chili pwd, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.

I like to cool the meat slightly, and then toss all the ingredients together and serve.

Hope you enjoy!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment