Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

California Salad

Well it's been a while for me! Life is busy! I've been meaning to make this salad for quite some time, I had actually lost it but I was organizing my craft room and stumbled across it. Very simple to make and I love the flavor of it! I found this recipe from Mennonite Girls Can Cook and they suggest that the dressing is better if allowed to sit for a day, it will keep for 2-3 days in the fridge.


California Salad
1 Head Romaine lettuce, chopped
2 chopped tomatoes
2 sliced green onions
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or tex mex, I did half cheddar half mozzarella)
2 cups corn chips

Dressing:1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup mayo
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup oil
1 clove crushed garlic (or 1/4 tsp garlic pwd)
1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp salt

Blend all the dressing ingredients in a blender or food chopper. Mix together all salad ingredients, except the cheese and chips. Just before you are ready to serve, add the cheese and corn chips and toss with the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment