Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mars Bar Squares

Yikes, it's been a while since I posted a recipe! Summer is always such a fun time for us with camping and outdoorsy stuff that I don't take a lot of time to try new recipes. These squares were something I had a long time ago and it has turned into one of our camping staples. I brought them along once and now it has become a great snack and really quick to make too!

The original recipe that I had was much sweeter and it also had a layer of melted chocolate on top. But that was just waaaaaaaaaaaaay too sweet for me so I never put the topping on and I searched online until I found this one. It uses marshmallows, something that my first recipe didn't use and it seems a little chewier then the other one.


Mars Bar Squares

4 Mars bars
1/2 cup margarine or butter
2-3 cups mini marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies

Melt the margarine over low heat. Break up the bars and add to the margarine along with the marshmallows. Keep stirring over low heat until the bars and marshmallows are melted. Stir in the cereal and pat into a 10x13 cake pan. Once cool cut into squares. Super quick and really good, but not so great for the hips... lol.

Enjoy!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment