Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Macaroni Salad

During the summer months we rarely have a dinner without some sort of grilling or roasting involved, so it was no surprise when my husband suggested a wiener roast. Summer is the only time that we actually eat hotdogs, the ingredients in those things is enough to make you run, lol. We do still have them on our camping trips and the odd backyard roast. But the only way I can eat them is with at least one salad, more often it's two salads. So I quickly went to work making a macaroni salad. This is a salad that I have slowly over the years sort of compiled this recipe together from many recipes.



Macaroni Salad

1 cup uncooked pasta, I used elbow
3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 celery stick, chopped
1-2 stalks green onion, chopped
1 cup cucumber slices
1/3 cup mayo
2 tbsp cream
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dill weed
1 tsp prepared mustard
black pepper to taste

Cook pasta and let cool. Mix all ingredients together and keep in the fridge until ready to use. The ingredients are all just my starting point, adjust to your liking.

*Tip
I am always out of green onions, and I hate that they don't last long in the fridge. Well imagine my pleasant surprise when I found out you can actually keep them in a jar of water and always have green onion on hand. In the photo I have even the full onion in there, but you'll see a short stubby piece at the bottom, that onion will actually sprout new shoots in a few days. So don't throw away the used up green onion, put the whole bunch back in the water and you'll have new shoots soon!



Enjoy!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment