Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Sloppy Joes

I remember the first time I had sloppy joes as a kid. I was at a birthday party and this is what they served to all of us hungry kids. I was in love, lol. But as you get older you kind of put these simple recipes to the side and forget about them. And then you have a day where you can figure out what to make for supper and suddenly you remember how simple these are to make.

Sloppy Joes
1 lb extra lean ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 small green or red bell pepper
3/4 cup water
1 cup ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp prepared mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt

Fry the beef, onion and bell pepper until no pink remains. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until they are the desired consistency. Serve with your favourite bread. I love serving these with toasted homemade hamburger buns, but I was out today so I use regular whole wheat bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment