Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chicken Fajitas

Boy it's been a while since I last posted! I promise I was still cooking, only they were recipes that we had already posted and I didn't think anyone would want to see doubles, lol.

I have been wanting to try chicken fajitas for quite some time now and I needed a quick lunch today so I opted to try these. They are quick and easy to make which I love, and they're also a healthy dish, which I really love! And to make it even better, these were really good, I can definitely see myself making these on a regular basis. I know my husband will be asking for them often!

Chicken Fajitas

1 tbsp butter or olive oil (I used butter)
1 boneless chicken breast (cut into strips)
1/2 green pepper, sliced
1/2 red pepper, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin pwd
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp chicken bouillon

Put sliced chicken in a medium zip lock bag, add spices and shake together. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium pan and stir fry the onions until they start to turn translucent (I love my onions well done). Add chicken and continue frying until cooked. Now toss in the bell peppers and let this cook until peppers are done to your liking. If your pan gets dry I add a little bit of chicken soup broth instead of more butter to save on calories.

Warm a flour tortilla on the oven burner or BBQ and spoon the chicken down the middle. I had this with a tossed salad and Renee's Italian dressing. This was a super delicious meal for only about 400 calories!

*Note; The original recipe used all of the chicken for one fajita but I found it plenty to divide this into two fajitas. If you use all the chicken in one fajita your calories would increase by over 200.

Enjoy!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment