Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pie Filling Cake

My kids were convinced that I would make them a dessert tonight after dinner. They go through phases, one where they don't want to eat anything made from our oven and one where they can't get enough of home baked treats. I prefer that they eat stuff that I make because I know what I put in my food but yikes, that's a lot of baking, lol.

I was browsing one of my church cookbooks and came across this recipe and thought it sounded really good, and we were not disappointed. The kids couldn't get enough and even my husband went for seconds!

Pie Filling Cake

Cream:
1 cup margarine
1 1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs

Add:
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup milk

Mix well, spread just a little over half of the dough in a large cookie sheet. Spread a can of pie filling on dough. Spoon the remaining dough over the pie filling, leaving open spots of pie filling. Bake at 350F for 35 minutes. Drizzle hot cake with glaze.

Glaze
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2-3 tbsp milk

Note: I used a tablespoon to spoon the dough over the pie filling. I think next time I would use smaller drops of dough so that every piece of cake, once cut would have pie filling showing. Keep that in mind when you drop the remaining dough.

Enjoy!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment