Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Meatloaf

Yesterday I stood in the kitchen asking myself that proverbial question, what's for dinner? I really need to get back to meal planning, it's so much easier than trying to figure something out just before you need to start cooking. So I came up with meatloaf, not my favourite meal but I did a quick search on All Recipes and found this recipe. It had over 3,000 reviews, yes you read that right! So I figured 3,000 people couldn't have gotten it wrong, lol. The recipe calls for ground ginger but I never used it.

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (I used 1 lb)
1 large egg
3/4 cup saltine crackers crushed
1/2-3/4 cup milk
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ground ginger

Mix together and pat into a lightly greased loaf pan. I didn't have a loaf pan (gasp) so I used my 9x9 square pan, it isn't as attractive but the taste is still there. Top with the sauce:

Sauce:
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix together and spread on top of meat mixture. Bake at 350F for one hour or until juices run clear.

Have a great day!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment