Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Chicken, Potato & Veggie Bake

I got this recipe from Sparkspeople, it's a free weight loss sight! But I have seen very similar recipes all over the web so I'm not sure who the creator is. I do love this recipe and plan to make it often in the New Year. You could easily substitute pork or beef chunks if you don't have chicken in the house. The original recipe said to use asparagus but I didn't have any in the house so I used carrots, you can use whatever you have in the house.

Chicken, Potato & Veggie Bake

2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
5 or 6 medium potatoes, cubed
3 medium carrots, sliced (or an vegetable you want)
1 green pepper, chopped
1 tsp dried basil (or fresh)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1.5 Tbsp Olive Oil
Ground pepper to taste
salt to taste
1/2 cup chicken broth
*I also like to add 1 scant TBSP chicken bouillon for extra flavor

Preheat oven to 400 F. Add all ingredients to 10x13 pan and bake uncovered for approximately 45 minutes or until done.

Enjoy!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment