Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Sweet & Sour Sausage

This is a recipe that I found years ago in a church cookbook. It's actually very easy throw together and different then always beef or chicken. The original recipe says to bake this for 30 minutes after you add all the ingredients but I find it works just as well and it's quicker to leave it in my cast iron pot and let it simmer for 15 minutes.

Sweet & Sour Sausage

1-2 lbs smoked mennonite sausages
14 oz canned sliced peaches
1/2 sugar
1 tsp curry (I didn't have any and it still tasted really good)
1/2 cup chili sauce
1/2 pasta sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 envelope onion soup mix

Cut sausage into bite size pieces and brown sausage . Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve over rice.

*You can also place in a casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes covered, removed lid and bake another 15 minutes. The original recipes says to add 1 cup in total of either chili sauce, tomato paste or pasta sauce. I like to do 1/2 cup chili sauce and 1/2 cup pasta sauce but if you don't have both you really could get away with one or the other.
**Edit: For those of you that have tried my enchilada sauce recipe, I recently realized that I forgot to list one ingredient, chili powder! So if you thought they were really bland, try them again but only this time add 2 tbsp chili powder. Sorry about that!

Thanks for stopping by.
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment