Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Greek Orzo Salad

I love Greek food, it has a fresh taste and healthy too! My kids are still learning to like some of the foods but I can usually give them a small spoonful as long as I don't list the ingredients, lol.



Greek Orzo Salad

1 pound orzo pasta, cook according to package directions
1 cucumber, seeded, peeled, and diced
1 red bell pepper (in the photo I used green because I was out of the red)
1/2 red onion, diced
6 ounces feta cheese
1/2 cup slivers almonds
1 avocado, diced
salt and pepper

Lemon dressing:
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lemon, juice only
1/4 cup olive oil
salt

Make sure all your vegetables are chopped up evenly. For the cucumber, be sure to removed the seed and peel it.

Once your pasta is cooked and drained, toss it in with the vegetables and stir everything together.

For the sauce, mash the salt and garlic together to form a rough paste. Whisk in your lemon juice and oil. Season it well with salt. You might not need all the dressing so start off by adding half and tasting it. Keep adding enough dressing until the taste is right for you. The first I made this I just dumped it all in there and it was fine for me so I never add it bit by bit.

Enjoy!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment