Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pork Stir Fry

This recipe had been saved in my favourites for a long time already and I decided that I better make it already! And we were not sorry, my kids gobbled this up and asked if I would make it again for dinner. My 7 year old daughter asked if I would give her the recipe when she's a mommy so she can make it for her kids, lol. I think she liked it! And it's quite easy to make, which in my books always makes it a plus.



Pork Stir Fry

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons dark Asian sesame oil
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 pound boneless pork, cut into 2 x 1/2 x 1/4-inch strips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
3 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 1/4 head cabbage)
1 sweet pepper, red or yellow, cored, seeded and cut into small strips

Stir together soy sauce, broth, sesame oil, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl. Pour 1/4 cup of the marinade into a medium-size bowl; stir in cornstarch. Add pork; toss to coat. Set aside to marinade 20 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade in the small bowl.

Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add marinated pork; cook, stirring constantly, until pork is no longer pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove pork to a bowl. Wipe any residue from wok. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in wok. Add green onion and garlic; cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Add cabbage and pepper strips; cook 1-2 minutes. Return pork to wok. Pour in reserved marinade. Add noodles of your choice (I used stir fry noodles; toss to combine and heat through.

Enjoy!
Tina

2 comments:

  1. looks good!!! i like your blog - it's very clean and simple looking.

    xoxo tia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious! This is going in my to-do list this week. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete