Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Mushroom Chicken

This is a recipe that I love, but don't make often enough. We're having a bit of a cool spell so I thought today was a good day for this recipe, I got it from one of my husband's cousins. I love to serve this with vegetables and potatoes, using the sauce as the gravy for the potatoes. I have since changed this recipe a little to make it slightly healthier. The original asked for 1/2 cup each of the butter and oil (aack!) and a cup cream. I use either half and half or 1/4 cup heavy cream and the rest just milk.

Mushroom Chicken

4-5 chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 tsp chicken bouillon (I use the Mexican)
1 cup light cream

Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan, I use cast iron. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then fry in the butter and olive oil for about 20-30 minutes turning once. Remove the chicken and some of the oil, leaving about half of the oil in the pan. Add the soups and stir together, it will splatter at this point. Stir in the cream and bouillon. Add the cooked chicken and let this simmer for a few minutes.

*You will find that you will have quite a bit of the sauce leftover, I think there would be enough for twice the chicken but my pan wasn't big enough.

Enjoy!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment