Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cucumber Salad

As I mentioned in my previous post, we grew a vegetable garden this year and so this salad is made with super fresh ingredients! Love it! My husband was BBQ'ing some pork chops and grilling vegetables for lunch today after church and I baked some fresh potatoes. I wanted some sort of salad to go with it and so I thought it would be the perfect time to try this salad recipe that I found off of All Recipes.

Cucumber Salad

2-3 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1 large tomato, halved and then sliced
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (I only used 1/4 onion)
1 Tbsp vinegar
3 Tbsp mayo
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

After reading some of the reviews about the dressing getting very runny and their solution was to first let the vegetables sit for a few minutes with the vinegar, salt and pepper and then drain the extra liquid. Now stir in the mayo and let this chill for about 1 hour before serving. You might need to add a touch more vinegar. I didn't let this chill and we still found it to be really tasty.

*I found 3 Tbsp of mayo to be a bit much so next time I'll use a little less, maybe start off with 1 or 2 and adjust as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment