Friday, May 14, 2010
Mexican Enchilada Sauce
3 tablespoons chili powder
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon oregano
3 cups water
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Stirring constantly, slowly add enough of the water to make a thin paste.
3. Pour into pan and add rest of water.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
5. Stir in tomato sauce.
6. Use in your favorite enchilada recipe. I fried some tortillas and rolled them up with ground beef that I had seasoned with some of the sauce. Then pour the sauce over, sprinke with cheese and bake in the oven till the cheese melts.
7. The amounts on the ingredients are very flexible.