Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

One Bowl Chocolate Cake


One bowl cake recipes are super easy to make, almost fail proof and less dishes! Sounds like a winner to me anytime! This recipe comes from a church cookbook and it's my go to recipe when I need something quick and easy. I abhor cake from a box, for many reasons. Depending on what I need this for, I'll either bake it in a 10x13 cake pan or in cupcake liners.


One Bowl Chocolate Cake

1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla

Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and beat together for 2 minutes. Pour into a cake pan or cupcake liners and bake at 350F until done.

In the photo I piped a salted caramel frosting on top of each cupcake, the recipe I used was too sweet so once I find a better recipe I'll post it. I then sprinkled crushed Skor bars over top and drizzled the cupcakes with melted chocolate. Next time I'll use a whipped cream frosting and add some caramel sauce.

Enjoy!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment